Getting your brand new Char-Broil performance grill can make your weekend grilling that much better, but one of the first things you need to get out of the way is how to light Char-Broil performance grills and prep them for use.
In most cases, you can light your Char-Broil performance grill simply by turning on the gas, opening up your ignition burner, and pushing the grill ignitor to get your grill started.
Table Of Contents
- 1 How To Light Char-Broil Performance Grill?
- 2 How To Use Char-Broil Performance Grill?
- 3 How To Clean Char-Broil Performance Grill?
- 4 How to Store Your Char-Broil Performance Grill?
- 5 Some Additional Safety Tips
- 6 Related Questions
How To Light Char-Broil Performance Grill?
When looking for how to light your Char-Broil performance grill, you’ve got two standard methods, automatically with the igniter or manually if the igniter is failing to work properly.
How To Light Your Char-Broil Performance Grill Automatically?
The steps on how to light your Char-Broil performance grill automatically are reasonably simple, and that’s one of the great things about the Char-Broil performance grill.
While there are nine steps, they’re all quick, and once you run through them once you get the hang of it quickly.
1.Turn the valve on your propane tank a quarter turn to start the flow of propane for your performance grill.
2. Open the lid of your grill to ensure there is no propane build-up that can be a safety issue in some situations.
3. Find your ignition burner, which will have a flame or lightning bolt on it, it may also say “ignition burner.” It’s not the ignition button; it will be one of the four dials or knobs on your performance grill.
4. Turn the ignition burner to the high mark to get propane flowing.
5. Push and hold the “electronic ignition” button until the ignition burner lights up and you can see flames.
6. Double-check that the flames are lit and stay lit after you let go of the electronic ignition.
7. Turn on all your burners to high so that you can pre-heat your performance grill.
8. Turn your propane have on the propane tank to fully open.
10. Close the lid of your grill and wait 10-15 minutes for the grill to preheat.
Once your grill has preheated, you’re ready to start grilling whatever you need.
Remember to turn off and clean your Char-Broil performance grill once you are finished so that you can get the best performance out of the grill each time you want to use it.
Simple steps to turn off your Char-Broil performance grill are:
- Open the grill lid.
- Turn all burners to the off position.
- Completely close the valve on your propane tank.
Allow the grill to cool before putting a grill cover on or trying to clean it.
How To Light Your Char-Broil Performance Grill Manually?
If your electronic ignitor fails, you may need to figure out how to light your Char-Broil performance grill manually so that your grilling isn’t hindered while you wait for a replacement electronic ignitor for the grill.
1.Turn the valve on your propane tank a quarter turn.
2. Open the lid of your grill to ensure there is no propane build-up.
3. Find the match holder that hangs from a chain on the side of your grill.
4. Find the lighting hole on the side of the grill close to the match holder.
5. Place a match in the match holder and light it.
6. Place the match and match holder through the lighting hole.
7. Turn the burner closest to the lighting hole to the high mark.
8. Once you’ve confirmed the first burner is lit, you can turn on all burners.
9. Turn your propane valve on fully.
10. Close the Char-Broil performance grill lid and let it pre-heat.
You may want to order a replacement electronic ignitor or go through the troubleshooting steps in your Char-Broil performance grill owner’s manual or search online for reasons why your Char-Broil performance grill won’t light.
How To Use Char-Broil Performance Grill?
If you’ve just purchased your Char-Broil performance grill and need to know how to use Char-Broil performance grills to get the best results, it’s mostly a simple process, similar to any other grills you’ve used before.
Check your Char Broil grill for propane leaks
Check your grill for propane leaks after replacing propane or if you haven’t used the grill for some time.
- Mix a solution of 50/50 dish soap and water.
- Turn on your propane tank valve.
- Spray the gas valve, hose, and regulator.
- If you see a large bubble forming, you have a leak and need to replace or repair the component.
Remove the grill grates and wash them
Remove your grill grates and wash them with a mild detergent. This removes the wax put on them for shipping that you don’t want to include in your cooking.
- Rince your grates with hot water.
- Dry your grates completely with a soft cloth.
Season the grates
Season your grates by applying a coat of high-temperature oil with a spray bottle.
- Wipe the oil along the grates with a paper towel.
- Put your grates in and turn your grill on high for 10-15 minutes.
- Even if you don’t fully season your grill, you should spray nonstick cooking spray or other cooking oil on your grates before grilling.
Clean your grates after each use
- Once grilling has finished, you should turn your grill to high for 10 minutes to burn off excess oil and dirt.
- Make sure you season your grates regularly to prevent rust.
Make sure that you preheat your grill before cooking your meats
- Use a meat thermometer or meat-probe thermometer to get an accurate temperature reading.
- Wireless meat probe thermometers can be inserted and left, and you can keep an eye on your meat cooking without standing by the girl all day.
Check online for how long and how hot meat should be cooked for
- Use a grill timer to keep an eye on things so you can come back and check if the meat has cooked thoroughly or automatically switch the grill off.
- If you do use an automatic shut-off valve timer, make sure you remember to set it each time you grill, or you may be wondering how to light char-broil performance grills every time you forget.
How To Clean Char-Broil Performance Grill?
Cleaning your Char-Broil performance grill allows you to keep it running smoothly for a longer time without having to replace components or do a deep cleaning on the grill once a year.
You’ll also find that temperature and cooking and far better in a cleaner grill.
If you don’t clean your grill often, you may have issues when trying to follow instructions on how to light char-broil performance grills, or you may have problems with temperature gauges or other components in the grill becoming too covered in grease and may need replacing sooner than expected.
Cleaning After Each Grilling Session
1. Burn your grill at max temp for 10-20 minutes to burn off oil and grime.
2. Allow to cool with the lid open.
3. Scrub grill grates with a bristled brush to dislodge any chunks.
4. Spray grill cleaner on the grates and warming rack, leave for 10 minutes.
5. Scrub the grates and warming rack with your brush.
6. Wipe everything down with a soft cloth or paper towels.
7. Apply a coating of high-temperature cooking oil.
Deep Cleaning After Each Grilling Season
1.Turn your grill on high for 20 minutes.
2. Allow your grill to cool with the lid open.
3. Scrub grill grates with a bristled brush to dislodge any chunks.
4. Remove grill grates and scrub them down further with soapy water; use a scrub sponge or your grill brush.
5. Rinse with warm water and dry with a soft cloth.
6. Apply a coating of high-temperature cooking oil
7. Remove heat tents, burners, and anything else greasy inside, and clean with warm soapy water.
8. Clean the inside of your grill with a nylon wire grill brush that’s been dunked in warm soapy water.
9. Once everything has been dried, put it back together and put away until the next grilling season.
How to Store Your Char-Broil Performance Grill?
1.Clean cooking grates thoroughly and Store in a dry place.
2.When LP cylinder is connected to your grill, store outdoors in a well-ventilated space and out of reach of children.
3. If you are going to store your grill outdoor, cover the grill properly. You can get this reliable grill cover for your Char broil grill.
4. Store the grill indoors only if LP cylinder is turned off and disconnected.
Some Additional Safety Tips
1.Inspect the coupling nut for tightness before opening LP cylinder valve.
2. When your Char broil gas grill is not in use, turn off all control knobs and LP cylinder valve.
3. Never move grill while in use or it is hot.
5. The grease tray should be installed during use and make it empty after every use.
6. Do not store any objects or materials inside the grill cart enclosure because it may block the flow of combustion air to the underside of the control panel or the firebox.
7. You may notice a humming or whistling noise during operation. But don’t worry it will not affect safety or use of grill.
Does Char Broil Performance gas grill come assembled?
No, Char broil Performance gas grill doesn’t come assembled.
Can Char Broil Performance grill be converted to natural gas?
No. you cannot be convert this Char Broil performance grill to natural gas.
It should only be used with a standard 20 lb LP tank.